Environmental Crime Component Lead, USAID Jal Jangal Activity
Practice area(s): EnvironmentLocation(s): Kathmandu, NepalDuration: Contract EmployeeClassification: ProposalHire Type(s): In-Country Applicant
Tetra Tech International Development is currently seeking qualified candidates to serve as Environmental Crime Component Lead on the upcoming USAID Jal Jangal Activity in Nepal. This five-year, USAID-funded, activity will focus on improving the health of ecosystems and biological diversity, environmental and social safeguards, climate resilience and addressing environmental crime in Nepal. The Activity will work with the Government of Nepal (GON), community groups, civil society, and private sector actors, and will align with GON’s vision of conservation of biodiversity for sound and resilient ecosystems and national prosperity.
**Please note this is a local posting. Only candidates of Nepali citizenship will be considered**
The Component Lead will provide technical leadership in the design of strategies that address the underlying threats and drivers of environmental crime, build capacity of government agencies responsible for law enforcement, and strengthen collaboration across scales to reduce incidence of environmental crime in Nepal.
* Minimum of a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in natural resource governance, environmental policy, law, or other relevant discipline
* At least seven (7) years of experience working on donor-funded programs related to natural resource governance, environmental law and policy, judicial strengthening, wildlife crime, or related
* Experience developing and implementing institutional strengthening and capacity-building activities related to environmental governance, wildlife crime, illegal trade, or related discipline including working with government and non-government stakeholders to achieve impact
* Proven track record collaborating with a diverse array of stakeholders and fostering collaborative learning and adaptive management, and social inclusion with women, youth, indigenous and other vulnerable populations
* Professional fluency in English and Nepali required
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that only your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.