S.W. Nepal Pvt. Ltd.
S.W. Nepal Private Limited (http://www.swnepal.com.np/) is a national consulting firm to enhance the development results working together with government institutions, development agencies and private sector. In doing so, SWN aims to bridge the policy, research and implementation gap in Nepal through capacity building, policy influencing and applying sustainable solutions. The company values include a) enhancing the outcomes from the investments b) building stronger partnerships at local, national and international levels c) building itself as a responsive and accountable company and d) promoting ethical practices at work and undertaking business. The company demonstrates its commitment towards ethics and fair policy in its dealings with clients.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
Research Analyst – Terms of Reference
S.W. Nepal Pvt. Ltd. (Scott Wilson Nepal) is seeking a proactive and detail-oriented Research Analyst to work with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) team to efficiently complete development assignments. The Research Analyst will support all aspects of the project bidding, research design and implementation and report preparation carried out through the MEL Unit.
Post Title: Research Analyst
Reports to: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer
Employment Contract: Long term and full time (2-month probationary period)
Gross Salary: Attractive and competitive salary remuneration package, reflecting competencies and experience.
Working Days: 5 days a week (Mon-Friday, 900am to 530pm)
Location: Maharajgunj, Kathmandu (Central Office)
MAIN ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regularly undertake comprehensive literature reviews to assist in the preparation of proposals, final reports, policy papers, data collection instruments, marketing materials and others.
- Carryout original research and analysis (i.e. descriptive, comparative and analytical) on specific thematic areas (e.g. agriculture, social/gender, energy) to support project implementation and management.
- Review translation and transcription of reports, findings and other documents from English to Nepali and vice versa.
- Assist the team in preparing proposals, reports, marketing materials and policy papers.
- Assist with the development of data collection instruments (e.g. household questionnaires, key informant interviews and FGD checklists, coding in KOBO toolbox etc).
- Support researchers with data cleaning, management and analysis.
- Assist the team in preparation for and during internal and external meetings, events and training.
- Support in the preparation of training and orientation materials, documents and presentations.
- Coordinate with the field team, clients and other stakeholders to ensure effective and complete delivery of tasks and deliverables
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- At least 2 to 4 years of relevant professional experience in the development sector.
- Master’s degree in the social sciences e.g. economics, political science, public policy or relevant fields; a first-level university degree with an additional 1 year of professional experience in a relevant area is also acceptable.
- Knowledge of the development sector in Nepal.
- Knowledge of proposal design for development projects.
- Professional experience in carrying out structured, original research and analysis in the social sciences.
- Professional experience in working with Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Units within development organizations.
- Professional experience in report writing, qualitative and quantitative data analysis and literature reviews.
Skills and Competencies
- Outstanding skills in research and analysis – very strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
- Excellent academic and professional writing skills in English and Nepali.
- Excellent data management, cleaning and analysis skills.
- Excellent analytical ability with high attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to effectively handle stress associated with meeting frequent and multiple strict deadlines.
- Strong ability to foster warm interpersonal relationships with internal and external stakeholders e.g. team and client
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new professional and learning environments.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and a Covering Letter in English, including at least one professional reference by the dedicated application deadline. Please title your CV and Covering Letter as follows “Your Name_Research Analyst_CV” and “Your Name_Research Analyst_Covering Letter”
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews.
SWN offers a dynamic and exciting work environment and attractive staff benefits, including flexible working hours.
If you are an action-orientated and astute individual who would like to join our team, to support a dynamic and growing business, please apply by sending your CV (covering letter NOT required at this stage), no later than 15th Sept 2021 at firstname.lastname@example.org
We give priority to candidates who live within a comfortable commuting distance from the SWN office in Maharjgunj/Panipokhari, Kathmandu
About the Organisation:
S.W. Nepal Pvt. Ltd. (Scott Wilson Nepal/ SWN) is a wholly Nepali-owned multidisciplinary research and development consulting service provider operational since 2000. The firm provides sustainable, innovative and cutting-edge solutions to the Government of Nepal, development partners, academic institutions, projects and programmes to help them achieve their objectives through our support in planning, management, research/monitoring/evaluations, and policy promotion works.
We encourage potential applicants to visit www.swnepal.com.np for more details on our team, location, and our services.