Senior Creative Associate
- Mid-level, Full-time staff position
- Posted on 24 September 2021
- Environmental Incentives
- Washington, D.C., District of Columbia, United States
- Closing on 24 October 2021
- Talent pool
Environmental Incentives is seeking to hire a Senior Creative Associate to join our team working in Washington, D.C. This position will support multiple client teams in developing products and executing communications across a busy and diverse set of internal and external projects and initiatives and lead Environmental Incentives’ design work. In this role, they will provide creative and technical guidance to clients and team members and have the opportunity to introduce and put innovative ideas into action. Working closely with EI’s team of communications associates, design consultants, and project managers, they will create, execute, and deliver communications and design materials for our clients and manage, develop, and grow campaign branding. In addition, they will have the opportunity to build strong, creative relationships and present ideas and designs to senior contacts and clients.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, create, execute, and deliver a wide variety of creative communications and design products in collaboration with EI staff, subcontractors, consultants, and clients, including providing creative and technical guidance.
- Oversee product development workflow on the design front by creating detailed schedules, setting deadlines, distributing assignments, and monitoring the progress and needs of product production.
- Bring big ideas to fruition from conception through completion, making connections across technical products and teams to spark innovation and deliver high-quality products.
- Oversee management and development of the branding of campaigns and ensure adherence to the client’s branding and standards.
- Manage photo and video shoot coordination, as needed.
- Identify and oversee staff and subcontractors to complete quality work within budget and on schedule.
- Prepare content to a quality standard ready for high-profile external dissemination.
- Model high-quality service to clients and teams through every stage of the scoping, production, and review process, including coaching and reinforcing the use of best practices and established processes.
- Ensure the client’s vision is met through production processes.
- Help clients articulate their needs and create a path for service delivery that meets immediate needs while teeing up future services.
Bachelor’s degree and 11+ years of experience, Master’s degree and 9+ years relevant experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing multiple client relationships, including co-creating visions of success with clients and executives and managing the contributions of multiple expert contributors and teams to deliver a variety of products supporting that vision.
- Experience leading multiple client teams to develop long-term solutions that involve complex technical issues and/or challenging client management.
- Experience managing the work of senior staff, coaching other team members in your area of technical expertise, and creating client deliverables in that area.
- Experience implementing graphic design products, including print, digital, and multimedia materials from conception to completion.
- Experience working with commercial and U.S. Government clients.
- Experience overseeing technical contributions of staff, subcontractors, and consultants, including creating and recruiting for staffing plans to deliver high-quality work on time and budget.
- Experience creating externally facing products to showcase the application of innovations and new learning.
- Experience working with USAID clients.
- Experience with 508 compliance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat)
- Understanding of typography, layout, and building on a theme.
- Organized with excellent attention to detail and an active listener able to incorporate feedback and revisions from the client.
The position will be based in Washington, DC. However, due to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, the position will begin remotely.
ENVIRONMENTAL INCENTIVES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are committed to developing an inclusive work environment for all employees, where diversity of thought, style, culture, and skill is valued in support of individual performance and potential, as well as our business goals and mission. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
About the Organization
Environmental Incentives’ mission is to enhance the environment that sustains healthy communities. We empower public and private sector leaders to maximize their effectiveness using performance-driven conservation and development tools and practices. Since our establishment in 2004, we have become a leading advisor on evidence-based adaptive management across the United States and internationally. We apply expertise and tools to help our clients get the most from their programmatic investments by strengthening performance management. EI’s International Practice works across multiple technical sectors with client offices at USAID including the Bureau of Policy, Planning, and Learning, the Office of Forestry and Biodiversity, and the Office of Water. Other clients include the Walton Family Foundation, the University of Colorado, Boulder, and the Training Resources Group.
Environmental Incentives is a certified B Corporation operating four offices across the U.S. and supporting field staff in multiple countries, including a fully registered office in Nairobi, Kenya. Our US-based offices include:
- Western Office (headquarters) – South Lake Tahoe, CA
- Eastern Office – Washington, DC
- Mountain Office – Denver, CO
- Southern California Office – San Diego, CA
- Kenya Field Office – Nairobi, Kenya